Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2022
by Ben Brown | 11/25/2022
20 Cyber Security Statistics That Will Make You Ensure Your Business Cyber Security Is Robust!
Business cyber security is no joke. If you are running a business, it's important to take the necessary precautions to protect yourself from cyber-attacks. Unfortunately, many businesses don't take these threats seriously until it's too late.
It's important to remember that cyber-attacks and breaches happen to businesses of all sizes, in all industries. No business is too small or too big to be a target. If you think your business is safe, think again!
Cyber-attacks are increasingly common, and they are also becoming more sophisticated. This means that businesses need to be extra vigilant to protect themselves. In this post, we will be looking at 20 business cyber security statistics which should serve as a wake-up call for all business owners!
2022 Cyber Breach & Awareness Statistics.
Here are some statistics that will make you want to double-check your current cyber security measures and more crucially, if your business doesn’t have any cyber security solutions https://ronin-pentest.com/services in place, these statistics will make you want to ensure you get some!
- In the last 12 months, 39% of UK businesses identified a cyber-attack, and within this figure, 48% were small businesses.
- 83% of these cyber-attacks were phishing attempts.
- 15% of businesses reported being attacked at least once a week.
- An average cost of £4,200 per successful attack was reported for small businesses.
- Only 54% of the businesses surveyed had acted in the last 12 months to identify their cyber risks. This leaves to door wide open for attackers!
- Only 19% of businesses have a formal incident response plan.
- Of those businesses surveyed only 6% carry a Cyber Essentials Certification.
- Only 43% of businesses have an insurance policy that covers cyber risks.
- Only 40% of businesses currently use the services of a Managed Service Provider.
- Only 48% of surveyed businesses reported actively seeking cyber security guidance from outside their organisation.
- Only 37% of small businesses have a formal cyber security strategy in place.
- Only 10% of small businesses have a specific cyber security insurance policy https://ronin-pentest.com/Blog/cyber-security-insurance.
- Only 26% of small businesses have had training or awareness sessions on cyber security.
- Only 43% of small businesses have a continuity plan in place should they encounter a cyber-attack.
- Of those that identified an attack, nearly 10% said that it took them a week or more to restore operations back to normal.
- Only 56% of those surveyed had a policy on ransomware payments.
- 45% of businesses stated that their staff conducted business work on their personal devices.
- Only 34% of UK businesses had a board-level member with responsibility for cyber security.
- Only 21% of businesses currently conduct both internal & external cyber security audits.
- Only 40% of businesses reported their cyber breaches. Therefore, it can be easily assumed that the number of UK businesses actually falling victim to a cyber-attack is much higher.
All of the above statistics were published in the latest Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2022 https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/cyber-security-breaches-survey-2022/cyber-security-breaches-survey-2022. Ensuring that your business has robust cyber security solutions in place is time critical and can’t be underestimated. Don’t delay – get your business cyber security sorted today. Contact us https://ronin-pentest.com/contact for more information on how we can get your business on the road to cyber protection.